Saturday 15 May 2021

Long Distance Relationship (LDR) – COVID Version

Many of my close friends, including my family members, feel surprised that me and Joe were able to get along so well with each other even though the chance of us meeting up physically is slim. I know we’ve made up our minds to be together, but it did not turn out the way we wanted to be. I always tell Joe that we should call ourselves the “COVID couple” as we had missed our opportunity to travel around Europe last year, and we are forced to be separated with each other for almost 500 days.

[picture copyright belong to JB Lawyer]

We met each other at The Venetian in Macau in 2019 for attending an international business convention. Many people used the word “wondrous “ to describe Macau, while to me it was a lovely place for me to meet up Joe.

                                              [picture copyright belongs to JB lawyer]

Basically, “opposite attraction” is the magical thing that made both of us to be well connected. Joe has his dual nationality in Taiwan and Canada. He spent most of life in Canada. As you know, it is never easy to communicate with a pure “Canuck”. He always makes fun of my accent and suits himself to understand my “Manglish” (Malaysia English). Both of us have different culture, upbringing, religion thoughts, environment, and accent of languages. Those differences is what brought us close. We really enjoy laughing, mocking, and teasing each other everyday.

                                              [picture copyright belongs to JB lawyer]

During this pandemic, we did several virtual tours through video calls to occupy each other’s time. While many of us has been served with the stay-at-home orders which have been well implemented a few times in both countries (MCO in Malaysia). In between, both of us set up our life, financial, and relationship goals and we hope we will fully utilise this period of  time to equip ourselves with  knowledge and skills in our life. Both of us are having the same thoughts that we shall be well prepared and get ready to be a better person for our next meet up.

                                           [picture copyright belongs to JB lawyer]

It is great that by sharing the same goals and dreams,  both of us become more optimistic to undergo this painstaking pandemic instead of grumbling and complaining that we couldn’t be physically present in each other’s life. We learn how to communicate effectively and continue to create memories in each other’s life during this lock down period.

                                                [picture copyright belongs to JB lawyer]

My heart leapt sky high while Joe purposely bought a birthday cake, sang a birthday song, held a party in Canada and even showed me my birthday presents through video call on my birthday. I was so touched when he told me that he wanted to do something to create some sweet memories for my birthday.

                                              [picture copyright belongs to JB lawyer]

Hey guys, it is never easy to maintain a LDR especially during this pandemic. Both of us treat this pandemic as a big challenge in our relationship. We learn to treasure more and stop being too demanding in a relationship. We strongly believe that this separation is temporary for getting us ready to embrace more challenges and unpredictable hardships in our future.

This is my 1st time sharing my current relationship life to my readers. I hope all of you will like it :).


离婚律师 #新山律师 #johor firm lawyer 马来西亚离婚律师 #抚养权#婚姻产业 


Lots of love,

#Malaysia Divorce Lawyer

#马来西亚离婚律师

#LDR # Long distance Relationship # Relationship #marriage #Divorce 


If you have legal inquiry, please look for Malaysia Divorce Lawyer


Malaysia Divorce Lawyer Malaysia: WILLIAM FLORENCE & PARTNERS 马来西亚离婚律师 is a law firm located in Johor Bahru founded by WILLIAM LIM WEI LOON and FLORENCE TOH THE TENG




13 comments:

  1. Divorce attorney A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find a first class Jeddah lawyer in the full list of lawyers names with address and phone number. Today we are talking about the Jeddah Lawyer platform as an ancient legal edifice in the field of محامي بجدة

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. محامي السعودية

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might comment on the order system of the blog. You should chat it's splendid. Your blog audit would swell up your visitors. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! افضل محامي في الدمام

    ReplyDelete
  5. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! Power of Attorney

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. افضل مكتب محامي في جدة

    ReplyDelete

My thoughts on the Netflix TV Series: Maid

Right off the bat it is a heart wrenching series. From this series, I learned that we should all be more mindful of our mental hygiene and k...