Sunday 9 May 2021

How do you fix broken communication in marriage ?

During this pandemic, I try to figure out whether there are any effective ways for me to communicate with my boyfriend who is currently residing in Canada. 

                                          [picture copyright belongs to Malaysia Divorce Lawyer]

Sometimes we would have a few disagreements and heated debates during our video calls as both of us were in a bad mood which was caused directly from this pandemic. However, from this LDR (“Long Distance Relationship“), I have learnt a lot on how to fix a broken communication after or during a big fight.There are 4 ways that I found out that are quite effective to my LDR. Therefore, I hope these tips that I am about to share will help with your marriage.


1.Usage of words in your communication

                                              [picture copyright belongs to Malaysia Divorce Lawyer]

I am the kind of person that needs my other half to spend more time and talk to me everyday. Sometimes, I would easily get angry or feel deserted while my boyfriend is being too busy to deal with his work and friends. 

I am able to trigger his emotion if I told him “Bae, I want you to talk to me!”. He would tell me, he has squeezed a lot of his precious time for me and this response always makes me feel angry.

However, he is willingly to talk to me and listen to my thoughts if i say “Bae, I need you and I hope you are beside me right now!”.

From here, I noticed that the usage of words and ways to express out on what a person’s need would make things change. You can make a big difference by using the words “Dear, I want you!”, which sounds more instructive than “Dear, I need you!”


2.Body language 

                                              [picture copyright belongs to Malaysia Divorce Lawyer]

If you're asking me, I'd say body language is extremely important to a female in a relationship. The best way to stop a heated debate or disagreement is by ways of touching, holding or giving a hug. It plays a crucial role when she is either feeling under the weather or having a mood swing.

I really hope my boyfriend would be my side, stop arguing with me on what is right and wrong by giving me a big hug to calm me down every time we have our big fight with each other.

From the girlfriend's perspective, when you “walk out the door”, you are hurting your woman even deeper because she may think that the you are deserting her.


3.Way of motivating your boyfriend/husband

A big taboo is when the wife tells the husband “ I hope you can spend less and use your money in a wise way.”

Women always hope they will do something to improve the lifestyle of the family in the future.Nevertheless, this is a wrong way for you to motivate your man as he may think he is capable and competent enough to have a greater future plan inside his mind. Your action would let him feel that you do not trust on his competency to provide you or your family a good life.

Ladies, please offer your advice in a good way when your man approaches you for his or the family’s future financial plan.


4.Be a good listener

                                              [picture copyright belongs to Malaysia Divorce Lawyer]

Believe it or not, I share every single gritty-nitty things with my boyfriend regardless they sound nasty irritating to him. To me, it's the best way to talk to my man.

I feel fed-up whenever he is trying to look for solutions for me such as “Darling, take it easy and don’t get angry.” It is weird to say that I feel much better when he tells me “Darling, I can feel you, I knew you have been through a lot.”

Men, I know you guys are good problem solvers but women just like to grumble and complain every single thing in her life. Those solutions that you offer would directly irritate her.

I hope these tips may help you a little here and there in your relationship. Good luck!


离婚律师 #新山律师 #johor firm lawyer 马来西亚离婚律师 #抚养权#婚姻产业 


Lots of love,

#Malaysia Divorce Lawyer

#马来西亚离婚律师

#LDR # Long distance Relationship # Relationship #marriage #Divorce 


If you have legal inquiry, please look for Malaysia Divorce Lawyer


Malaysia Divorce Lawyer Malaysia: WILLIAM FLORENCE & PARTNERS 马来西亚离婚律师 is a law firm located in Johor Bahru founded by WILLIAM LIM WEI LOON and FLORENCE TOH THE TENG



1 comment:

My thoughts on the Netflix TV Series: Maid

Right off the bat it is a heart wrenching series. From this series, I learned that we should all be more mindful of our mental hygiene and k...